George M. Szabo III is a 45 year old sailor from San Diego, CA. Growing up his dad raced Stars, which led George to grab the tiller when he was a young teen. Since then he has competed in over 19 Star World Championships and has won the 2009 Star Worlds Championship.
– SSL Grand Slam Champion 2015
– Star World Champion
– USA Today Athlete of the Week: August 12, 2009
– Seahorse Magazine Athlete of the Month – September 2009
– 6x Finalist US Sailing’s Rolex Yachtsman of the Year
– 5 Snipe US National championships
– 4 Snipe North Americans
– 4 Star North Americans
– 3 US Sailing Championship of Champions
– 2 CR914 National Champions
– 2 Lido 14 National Championships
– 1 Swiss Star National Championships
A sailmaker for Quantum Sails, George primarily focuses on the Star. But he also sails on a variety of big boats including the J-70, Farr 40, Melges 24, J-109 and Etchells just to name a few.
George M. Szabo III
San Diego, CA 92106