George M. Szabo III is a 42 year old sailor from San Diego, CA. Growing up his dad raced Stars, which led George to grab the tiller when he was a young teen. Since then he has competed in over 18 Star World Championships and has won the 2009 Star Worlds Championship, 2005 & 2001 Star North Americans.
- Star World Champion
- USA Today Athlete of the Week: August 12, 2009
- Seahorse Magazine Athlete of the Month – September
- Finalist US Sailing’s Rolex Yachtsman of the Year
- US Sailing’s Rolex OCR, 2nd
- Star Eastern Hemisphere Championship, 3rd
- Star Western Hemisphere Championship, 3rd
- Star North Americans, 3rd
- Star South Americans, 10th
- Snipe Nationals, 3rd
- Snipe Worlds Championship, 13th
- CR914 Model Boat Championships, 3rd
Other winning results has included: 4 nominations to US Sailing’s Rolex Yachtsman of the Year, 5 Snipe Nationals, 5 Snipe North Americans, 3 US Championship of Champions and the list goes on and on… A sailmaker for Quantum Sails, George primarily focuses on the Star. But he also sails on a variety of big boats including the Farr 40, Melges 24, J-109 and Etchells just to name a few.
George M. Szabo III
San Diego, CA 92106